Christmas Candy Cane Craft
My build a candy cane craft and writing prompts are the perfect, no prep Christmas activity for elementary. 3 templates ensure that every Christmas candy cane activity on your December bulletin board is unique! Post your candy cane Christmas crafts and prompts in the hallway to make an engaging December display.
If you’re racing to figure out what festive holiday project to quickly put up in the hallway for Christmas look no further. Students can complete the paper craft part in one class period. And you can use the accompanying writing prompts to post alongside your projects.
Basically, each child receives a copy of the printable candy cane template. Then, they color everything, cut out the parts, and glue it together. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!
This Christmas craftivity also comes with a PowerPoint with step-by-step pictures and simply written directions for young children. Use it for either whole group or small group instruction. Or, assign it to students via Google Classroom, Canvas, etc. so they can work independently.
Are you going to be absent and your substitute won’t have access to technology? No problem! Use the 1-page all-in-one step-by-step picture directions. Just print it out and include it with your sub plans. And then do nothing. Yes, nothing, because I’ve done it all for you!
Frequently Asked Questions About My Candy Cane Craft
- How many sheets of paper does this use? Each child will receive one page with the candy cane templates.
- This resource shows 3 different versions of the craft. What am I supposed to do with the other 2? You may decide to assign each table a certain version or you may decide to print a handful of each and let kids pick the one they like the best.
- What grade level is this for? This resource works best for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade.
- What materials do I need? Kids will need scissors, crayons, and glue.
You Will Receive
- 1 Non-Editable PDF Printables – Includes a teacher guide, a step-by-step handout for substitute teachers, Christmas candy cane templates in color and black and white, writing prompts, and blank writing paper pages.
- 1 Non-Editable PowerPoint Slideshow – Includes large, step-by-step picture directions and text so students independently and you can reclaim valuable class time to work with needy students.
- Google Drive Access Link, so you can assign a paperless version.