Furniture Templates for Your Virtual Classroom
So you’ve bit the virtual classroom craze and you want to add to your growing collection of graphics. Use this pack of furniture templates to expand your digital classroom space! There are 10 furniture options including chairs, tables, couches, desks, bookshelves, and easels. If you already own one of my virtual classroom templates, these will be an awesome addition to your collection.
Are you designing a digital room for the first time and need options? This pack has plenty to help customize the perfect space. There are enough pieces to make a basic virtual classroom. Set up a half moon desk with student chairs as well as a teacher desk and chair. Make a rainbow of bookshelves across your back wall. Select an easel and write a message for your classroom. Present classroom library books on the floating shelves and link to videos of read alouds.
In addition, consider different table groupings based on color. Create different rooms for different subjects. Consider color coordinating those subjects, too like green for science, or yellow for ELA. Color coordinating helps keeps things organized for you. But it also helps students to understand and make meaning from what they’re looking at. If you’re always using a green room for science, they’ll instantly understand that the presentation you’ve sent them is for science.
Organize your distance learning plans into one digital space and have them ready to go. Schools will likely start requiring teachers not only have sub plans but plans in place for at home learning. Feel prepared and ready to go.
Why Design a Digital Classroom?
There are many challenges with distance learning, one of which is the lack of warmth and connection students feel in a remote environment. Whether you’re teaching in-person on a daily basis, assigning things via Google Classroom, or just sending home packets, not being with students in the same space can feel rather impersonal.
Creating your own classroom away from school is one way to engage learners (and hopefully lure more into completing assignments!) What student wouldn’t be excited to see what you have planned for them this week when the materials are presented in a unique and inviting way?
Use these classroom furniture templates to help you design your own space, link to assignments, and show off your personality. Copy and paste them into other digital classrooms you’ve designed, too. Make your online classroom as warm, inviting, and engaging as your real one.
Why Use Google Slides?
- FAMILIARITY: A lot of the features of Google Slides are similar to PowerPoint and will get your room up super quick. No need to edit a PowerPoint and figure out how to upload it to Slides.
- USER-FRIENDLY: You are likely already familiar with storing files in Google Drive.
- INSANT SAVE AS: All changes in Google Slides are instantly saved in Google Drive. Ever accidentally close down an app or other online software and changes weren’t saved? Eliminate the frustration and disappointment of lost presentations!
- ACCESSIBILITY: Parents, students, and admins can use an iPad, desktop or laptop computer, and even a Chromebook to access your virtual classroom to view assignments.
- SHAREABILITY: Simply share your digital classroom the same way you’ve been sharing assignments with students via Google Drive or Google Classroom.
The download contains a one-page PDF with directions on how to access the classroom furniture templates. This document comes ready to go in Google Drive, so don’t worry about trying to figure out how to import it into your Drive!
You Will Receive
- 1 Non-Editable PDF
- Google Drive Access Link (A link to download the classroom furniture templates is located on pages 2 and 3 of the PDF.)
- 80 Moveable Objects – Every object within the space is moveable. All graphics are saved in low-resolution which will appear great on screen but are not meant for print. (DISCLAIMER: the graphics used in this file may not be used to create commercial resources)