Ugly Sweater Coloring Craft
Need the perfect last minute, zero prep, print-and-go winter activity? Decorate your December bulletin board with this ugly sweater coloring craft designed for 1st through 5th grade. Best of all, it includes 3 versions. So, every project turns out different! Did I mention the writing prompts? Post your crafts in the hallway with the prompts to make a stunning National Ugly Sweater Day bulletin board on December 17th.
If you’re racing to figure out what cute project to quickly put up in the hallway for winter, look no further. Students can complete the craft part in one class period. And you can use the accompanying writing prompts to post alongside your sweater projects.
Basically, each child receives a copy of the template. Then, they color everything, cut out the parts, and glue it together. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!
Teaching in a hybrid learning environment? Assign the coloring pages for homework and focus on the writing in class.
This craftivity also comes with a PowerPoint with step-by-step pictures and simply written directions for young children. Use it for either whole group or small group instruction. Or, assign it to students via Google Classroom, Canvas, etc. so they can work independently.
Are you going to be absent and your substitute won’t have access to technology? No problem! Use the 1-page all-in-one step-by-step picture directions. Just print it out and include it with your sub plans. And then do nothing. Yes, nothing, because I’ve done it all for you!
Ugly Sweater Coloring Craft Preview Video
Frequently Asked Questions About This Ugly Sweater Coloring Craft
- How many sheets of paper does this use? Each child will receive two pages with the ugly sweater parts on it.
- This resource shows 3 different versions of the craft. What am I supposed to do with the other two? You may decide to assign each table a certain version or you may decide to print a handful of each and let kids pick the one they like the best. Having 3 options will make your bulletin board display more creative!
- Who is this designed for? I designed this for general education teachers.
- What grade level is this for? This resource works best for 1st through 5th grade. You may choose to try it with kindergarten. Just be advised the writing prompts are meant for first through fifth grade.
- What materials do I need? Kids will need scissors, crayons, and glue.
- Is this a Christmas activity? Mostly. However, I’ve included one non-Christmas themed template so that your students who don’t celebrate can still partake in making an ugly sweater.
You Will Receive
- 1 Non-Editable PDF Printables – Includes an overview of the directions for teachers, a 1-page printable for students of substitute teachers, ugly sweater templates, and writing prompts. All of the template pages feature images with THICK outlines, making them easy for little hands to cut.
- Google Drive Access Link – A paperless version of this resource that you can assign digitally if your school is 1:1, virtual, or tech-infused. The link is located at the bottom of page 3 in the PDF.
- 1 Non-Editable PowerPoint Slideshow – Includes large, step-by-step picture directions and text so students independently and you can reclaim valuable class time to work with needy students.