Ugly Sweater Coloring Craft
My build an ugly sweater coloring craft and writing prompts are the perfect, no prep Christmas activity for elementary. 3 templates ensure that every ugly sweater activity on your December bulletin board is unique! Post your ulgy sweater crafts and prompts in the hallway to make an engaging display for National Ugly Sweater Day on December 17th.
Ugly Sweater Coloring Craft Preview Video
If you’re racing to figure out what cute project to quickly put up in the hallway for winter, look no further. Students can complete the craft in one class period. And you can use the accompanying writing prompts to post alongside your sweater projects.
Basically, each child receives a copy of the template. Then, they color everything, cut out the parts, and glue it together. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!
This ugly Christmas sweater craftivity also comes with a PowerPoint with step-by-step pictures and simply written directions for young children. Use it for either whole group or small group instruction. Or, assign it to students via Google Classroom, Canvas, etc. so they can work independently.
Are you going to be absent and your substitute won’t have access to technology? No problem! Use the 1-page all-in-one step-by-step picture directions. Just print it out and include it with your sub plans. And then do nothing. Yes, nothing, because I’ve done it all for you!
Frequently Asked Questions About This Ugly Sweater Coloring Craft
- How many sheets of paper does this use? Each child will receive 2 pages with the blank ugly sweater templates.
- This resource shows 3 different versions of the craft. What am I supposed to do with the other two? You may decide to assign each table a certain version or you may decide to print a handful of each and let kids pick the one they like the best.
- What grade level is this for? This resource works best for 1st through 5th grade.
- What materials do I need? Kids will need scissors, crayons, and glue.
- Is this a Christmas activity? Yes, but, I’ve included 1 snowman template so those who don’t celebrate can still partake in making an ugly sweater craft.
You Will Receive
- 1 Non-Editable PDF Printables – Includes a teacher guide, a step-by-step handout for substitute teachers, ugly sweater templates, writing prompts, and blank writing paper pages.
- 1 Non-Editable PowerPoint Slideshow – Includes large, step-by-step picture directions and text so students independently and you can reclaim valuable class time to work with needy students.
- Google Drive Access Link, so you can assign a paperless version
Why You’ll Love This Ugly Sweater Craft for Christmas
My students loved this activity! they were super engaged in creating the sweaters and telling their stories.
I used this activity the week before winter break on ugly sweater day and my students loved it! They were so creative with their designs and engaged the entire time.
Fun art and writing activity for students! I used it the last couple of weeks before winter break and was perfect for channeling the excitement in a productive way!