Modern Art Games Bundle
Want to get your students excited about learning art? Try implementing one of these modern art games into your next art lesson! Elementary and middle school artists will have fun re-creating one of these nine modern art artists while playing an engaging roll and draw game. Substitute teachers will love the low-prep, fuss-free art projects that are easy to implement.
Are you putting together art centers in your room and looking for some self-guided instructional materials? This modern art games bundle will be a helpful addition to your choice-based arts program. Simply print out the materials and arrange in labeled folders for easy student access.
The art lessons included use a range of materials including oil pastels, watercolors, construction paper, colored pencils, tempera paints, and acrylic paints. They’re designed for students from 1st grade through 8th grade.
First, print out the game and picture directions back-to-back. Then give them dice and watch them have fun creating their own art project independently. Once completed, have students use the self-assessment rubrics to evaluate their artwork based on craftsmanship, creativity, following directions, work habits, project goals, and clean up. And then have them complete the “Big Ideas” sheet so they can connect the creation process to their learning.
Main Learning Objective
- Students will be able to design artwork based on nine different modern art artists using an array of drawing materials and reflecting a range of subject matter.
- Oil pastels
- Colored Pencils
- Black Permanent Marker
- Construction Paper
- Watercolor Paints
- Tempera Paints
- Acrylic Paints
You Will Receive
- 9 Non-Editable PDFs (Rene Magritte, Yayoi Kusama, Paul Cezanne, Pal Klee, Georgia O’Keeffe, Joan Miro, Pablo Picasso, Henri Matisse, and Wassily Kandinsky)
- 9 Non-Editable PowerPoint Presentations
- Dice Games
- Choice-Based Drawing Version of Each Game
- Artist Biography Handouts
- Step-By-Step Picture Tutorial and Directions
- Visual Arts Self-Assessment Rubrics
- Artist “Big Ideas” Reflection Sheets
- “I CAN” Statements Aligned to the Studio Habits of Mind
- Practice Drawing Pages
- Coloring Pages
- Paperless Google Drive digital resources for students (also or use on Google Classroom, Google Slides, and Microsoft OneDrive)
Fantastic resource! So easy to follow and use. – Jade A.
I’m so excited about this bundle! I love these lessons individually and a money saving bundle is right up my alley! I hope for more soon. Thank you! – Ashley M.
Thank you for such a wonderful product! – William N.