Art History Games Year Long Bundle
Gain peace of mind knowing you have a creative art project from ancient art to the modern era right at the tip of your fingers. These engaging art history games will excite your students and relieve your art lesson planning stress.
And best of all, they will work beautifully for blended learning environments. You can send home the artist biography (or cultural synopsis) and powerpoint presentation for at home learning. And when you’re back in school, create the project with students. Then, they can fill out the big ideas reflection sheet at home, saving you precious class time.
Some of these art history games will also work for distance learning. For example, the Roy Lichtenstein game only uses marker and paper. It would also work well if you’re an art on the cart teacher. And the Peter Max activity is perfect for your upper elementary students who need to be challenged. For middle school students, the Rene Magritte and Chinese vase games would be rigorous and engaging, but use minimal art supplies.
Each game features a roll & draw and choice based version of the game. You decide what works best for your students. The accompanying PowerPoint presentation will give your students autonomy in creating their own art independently.
This year long art games bundle is perfect for art teachers as well as grade level teachers wanting to infuse some arts integration into their curriculum. Classroom subs and relief teachers will find them helpful, too. They are the perfect art sub plans!
- Primarily 1st through 5th grade, but several art history lessons are appropriate for middle school
You Will Receive
- 37 Non-Editable Art History PDFs (Modern Black Artists, Modern Art Games, Pop Art, Cultural Arts, and Black History Month Game Bundles)
- 37 Non-Editable PowerPoint Presentations
- Dice Games
- Choice-Based Drawing Version of Each Game
- Step-By-Step Picture Tutorial and Directions
- Templates (where applicable)
- Artist Biography and Synopsis of a Culture Handouts
- Visual Arts Self-Assessment Rubrics
- Artist “Big Ideas” Reflection Sheets
- 8, “I CAN” Statements Aligned to the Studio Habits of Mind
- Practice Drawing Pages
- Coloring Pages
- Paperless Google Drive digital resource for students (also for use on Google Classroom, Google Slides, and Microsoft OneDrive)
- BONUS GAME: Laurel Burch Cats Game