Halloween Pumpkin Coloring Craft
Need the perfect last minute, zero prep, print-and-go Halloween craft? Decorate your October bulletin board with this fun pumpkin coloring craft designed for 1st and 2nd grade. Best of all, it includes 3 versions. So, every project turns out different! Did I mention the writing prompts? Post your crafts in the hallway with the prompts to make a stunning seasonal bulletin board.
If you’re racing to figure out what cute project to quickly put up in the hallway for Fall, look no further. Students can complete the craft part in one class period. And you can use the accompanying writing prompts to post alongside your pumpkins.
Basically, each child receives a copy of the pumpkin template and one of the three pages of patterns. Then, they color most everything, cut out the parts, and glue it together. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!
Teaching in a hybrid learning environment? Assign the pumpkin coloring sheets for homework and focus on the writing in class.
This craftivity also comes with a PowerPoint with step-by-step pictures and simply written directions for young children. Use it for either whole group or small group instruction. Or, assign it to students via Google Classroom, Canvas, etc. so they can work independently.
Are you going to be absent and your substitute won’t have access to technology? No problem! Use the 1-page all-in-one step-by-step picture directions. Just print it out and include it with your sub plans. And then do nothing. Yes, nothing, because I’ve done it all for you!
Pumpkin Craft Preview Video
Frequently Asked Questions About This Pumpkin Coloring Craft
- How many sheets of paper does this use? Each child will receive two pages: one pumpkin template sheet and one page of patterns.
- This resource shows 3 pages of patterns. What am I supposed to do with the other two pages? You may decide to assign each table a certain pattern sheet or you may decide to print a handful of each pattern sheet and let students pick the one they like the best. Having 3 options will make your bulletin board display more creative!
- Who is this designed for? I designed this for general education teachers.
- What grade level is this for? This resource works best for 1st and 2nd grade. You may choose to try it with kindergarten or 3rd grade. Just be advised the writing prompts are meant for 1st and 2nd grades.
- What materials do I need? Kids will need scissors, crayons, and glue.
You Will Receive
- 1 Non-Editable PDF Printables – Includes an overview of the directions for teachers, a 1-page printable for students of substitute teachers, pumpkin templates, and writing prompts. All of the templates feature images with THICK outlines, making them easy for little hands to cut.
- Google Drive Access Link – A paperless version of this resource that you can assign digitally if your school is 1:1, virtual, or tech-infused. The link is located at the bottom of page 3 in the PDF.
- 1 Non-Editable PowerPoint Slideshow – Includes large, step-by-step picture directions and text so students can work independently and you can reclaim valuable class time to work with needy students.