Are you teaching via blended or distance learning and need engaging resources to make your own art lessons sparkle? Listen, we all know that it’s hard to make crayons, markers, and colored pencils interesting to students week after week. But what if the delivery of the instructional materials was more captivating? Bonus points if it can be tailored to work with any drawing lesson. That’s where these digital spinner wheels come into play!
Digital Spinner Wheels
Each wheel features 8 unique patterns that can be used for any drawing assignment, especially if you’re teaching about the principles of design. There are a range of designs including simple stripes, dots, zigzags, and shapes to more fancy, but not overly difficult patterns. All of the pattern designs to draw will work well for 2nd grade up, with some of them being doable for 1st grade.
Have you struggled to get kids to create unique works of art during at home learning? These virtual pattern spinner wheels are an amazing cure for those kids who say, “I don’t know what to draw!” They will inspire your students to come up with their own patterns, too.
Video Preview of Digital Spinner Wheels
Each spinner is on its own slide in Google Slides. Use whatever LMS your school is using at the time – Google Classroom, Schoology, Canvas, Microsoft Teams – to assign one or several slides to students. To use the spinner wheels, students simple click to start and stop the wheel randomly. When it stops, they draw what the arrow is pointing to. So much fun!
Please note: I don’t recommend assigning all 15 wheels to students all at once. Some students will have issues downloading all this content simultaneously.
Why Use Google Slides for Digital Spinning Wheels?
- FAMILIARITY: All students need to do is click once to spin and once to stop. No need to mess around with PowerPoint’s play mode as it’s extra steps.
- USER-FRIENDLY: Students likely know how to use Google Drive. The spinner wheels are on Google Slides which are automatically stored on Google Drive making it that much easier.
- EASY UNDO: If they accidentally delete a spinner wheel, they can undo their mistake.
- ACCESSIBILITY: Parents, students, and admins can use an iPad, desktop or laptop computer, and even a Chrome book to access your digital spinner wheels.
- SHAREABILITY: Simply share these spinners the same way you’ve been sharing assignments with students via Google Drive, Google Classroom, Schoology, Canvas, Microsoft Teams, SeeSaw, etc.
You Will Receive
- 1 Non-Editable PDF (Teacher directions that explain how to work with these digital spinner wheels)
- Google Drive and YouTube Access Links – A link to quickly access the wheels already conveniently saved in Drive and on YouTube and ready to access is located on page 3 of the PDF
- 15 Digital Spinner Wheels – All the same animations, but included directly in the download. Each spinner has 8 patterns to draw for a total of 120 patterns!
My students were so fascinated and excited to create their own original work using these spinners. It’s fantastic that there are so many spinners to choose from. Thanks for all your invaluable interactive resources! – Joy U.
I used this in google classrooms to go with an art project. I plan to use it more in the future and I have left it pinned to the top of their classroom as a resource. It is an easy to use reference for students who may get stuck on what to do next or have a hard time coming up with ideas for patterns. It was also something fun and different to incorporate as they enjoyed the novelty of using the spinners. I purchased these because I have never been disappointed in my purchases from here and I can use this with some of my previous purchases and for distance learning also. Thanks for continuing to evolve what you have to offer to meet current digital demands. I will be back for more! – Allison W.
Fun resource to use for distance learning. Great way to modify other products from this seller (all of which are always hits with students) for distance learning. – K J