After Winter Break Craft & Writing Prompts Bundle (Grades 1st – 2nd)
Need the perfect last minute, zero prep, print-and-go activity for after the winter holidays? Decorate your January and February bulletin boards with these festive crafts designed primarily for 1st and 2nd grades. Best of all, each project in this After Winter Break Craft Bundle includes 3 versions. So, every project turns out different! Did I mention the writing prompts? Post your crafts in the hallway with the prompts to make a stunning bulletin board.
If you’re racing to figure out what project to quickly put up in the hallway, look no further. Students can complete each craft in one class period. And you can use the accompanying writing prompts to post alongside them.
Basically, each child receives a copy of the template. Then, they color most everything, cut out the parts, and glue it together. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!
Teaching in a hybrid learning environment? Assign the coloring pages for homework and focus on the writing in class.
These after winter break craft activities also come with a PowerPoint files with step-by-step pictures and simply written directions for young children. Use it for either whole group or small group instruction. Or, assign it to students via Google Classroom, Canvas, etc. so they can work independently.
Are you going to be absent and your substitute won’t have access to technology? No problem! Use the 1-page all-in-one step-by-step picture directions. Every craft comes with this page. Just print it out and include it with your sub plans. And then do nothing. Yes, nothing, because I’ve done it all for you!
Winter Hat Coloring Craft Preview Video
Here is one example of a project include in this bundle:
Frequently Asked Questions About This After Winter Break Craft & Writing Prompts Bundle
- What crafts are included? These are from my “Build A…” line of resources. included is the Groundhog Day, Valentine’s Day Robot, Winter Hat, and Penguin crafts.
- How many sheets of paper does this use? All of these resources requires either one or two sheets of copy paper per child.
- Each resource shows 3 different versions of the crafts. What am I supposed to do with the other versions? You may decide to assign each table a certain version or you may decide to print a handful of each and let students pick the one they like the best. Having 3 options will make your bulletin board display more creative!
- Who is this designed for? I designed these for general education teachers.
- What grade level is this for? These resources are designed primarily for students in 1st and 2nd grade.
- What materials do I need? Kids will need scissors, crayons, and glue.
You Will Receive
- 4 Non-Editable PDF Printable Crafts – Each activity in this After Winter Break Craft Bundle includes an overview of the directions for teachers, a 1-page printable for students of substitute teachers, templates, and writing prompts. All of the template pages feature images with THICK outlines, making them easy for little hands to cut.
- Google Drive Access Link – A paperless version of each resource that you can assign digitally if your school is 1:1, virtual, or tech-infused. The link is located at the bottom of page 3 in the PDF.
- 4 Non-Editable PowerPoint Slideshow – Includes large, step-by-step picture directions and text for each craft so students independently and you can reclaim valuable class time to work with needy students.