Virtual Classroom Templates
Need to design a digital classroom quickly? Whether you teach at an online school or you’re out of the building due to inclement weather, natural disaster, or pandemic, school must go on. Don’t spend all day designing your own when you can be up and ready in an instant. These virtual classroom templates make it quick and easy. Simply arrange your space, save your slide, insert it into a new Google Slides document, and make your clickable links. That’s it!
All of the graphics inside each of the five background slides are fully moveable and customizable. Make different interactive classrooms for each of your subjects. Link to assignments using images and text. Design your room with your personality in mind. Have a Bitmoji®? Your digital room can be turned into a virtual classroom Bitmoji style! Use the Chrome extension to locate your personalized character, drag it to your desktop, and add it to your slide. I know your students will love seeing your character dance.
Have a class mascot? Snap a picture and bring it into the layout or drag it in. Make your mascot talk to your class! Snap pictures of things in your classroom and bring them into the layout to personalize the space.
My goal was to make this feel like a real classroom. Therefore, I included technology, storage, flexible seating, and even a colorful classroom rug. In addition, I added in some fun extras like sticky notes, checkmark magnets, markers, and crayons. Likewise, I topped off the virtual classroom with some plants.
Organize your distance learning plans into one digital space and have them ready to go. Schools will likely start requiring teachers not only have sub plans but plans in place for at home learning. Feel prepared and ready to go.
Virtual Classroom Template Preview
Why Design a Digital Classroom?
There are many challenges with distance learning, one of which is the lack of warmth and connection students feel in a remote environment. Whether you’re teaching in-person on a daily basis, assigning things via Google Classroom, or just sending home packets, not being with students in the same space can feel rather impersonal.
Creating your own classroom away from school is one way to engage learners (and hopefully lure more into completing assignments!) What student wouldn’t be excited to see what you have planned for them this week when the materials are presented in a unique and inviting way?
Use these virtual classroom templates to design your own space, link to assignments, and show off your personality. Move objects around within the space for different subjects or weekly assignments. Add your own graphics, too! Take screenshots of assignments or import photos of a class pet, classroom posters, or anything else that would make it feel more your own. If you’re creating online video content, take a screenshot of the video and overlap it on the laptop. And lastly, if you have a personalized avatar character, add that in, too.
Why Use Google Slides for A Virtual Classroom?
- FAMILIARITY: A lot of the features of Google Slides are similar to PowerPoint and will get your room up super quick. No need to edit a PowerPoint and figure out how to upload it to Slides.
- USER-FRIENDLY: You are likely already familiar with storing files in Google Drive.
- INSANT SAVE AS: All changes in Google Slides are instantly saved in Google Drive. Ever accidentally close down an app or other online software and changes weren’t saved? Eliminate the frustration and disappointment of lost presentations!
- ACCESSIBILITY: Parents, students, and admins can use an iPad, desktop or laptop computer, and even a Chromebook to access your virtual classroom to view assignments.
- SHAREABILITY: Simply share your digital classroom the same way you’ve been sharing assignments with students via Google Drive or Google Classroom.
The download contains a four-page PDF with directions on how to access the virtual classroom templates. I’ve included step-by-step picture directions for some basics including inserting and resizing images as well as how to flip an image. I think it’s important that you understand how to use some of the basic of Google Slides so you can be successful.
But I’ve gone a step further in outlining the order of operations in curating your space. How to import images, add video screenshots, add text boxes and images, and how to link to external content are all included. I think all of this will help you get your space up quickly and the way you want it.
And this document comes ready to go in Google Drive, so don’t worry about trying to figure out how to import it into your Drive!
You Will Receive
- 1 Non-Editable PDF (Teacher directions with step-by-step pictures on how to use some of the features on Google Slides
- Google Drive Access Link (A link to download the virtual classroom templates located on pages 2 and 3 of the PDF.)
- 5 Background Slides – The wall and floor graphics are not editable. They have been inserted into the background of the slide and are fixed in place.
- Moveable Objects – Every object within the space is moveable. All graphics are saved in low-resolution which will appear great on screen but are not meant for print. (DISCLAIMER: the graphics used in this file may not be used to create commercial resources).
- Each template page is designed in widescreen 16:9 format so it will fill the screen. As such, they are not meant to print out on 8.5×11″ paper.
Thank you for creating this product. It made creating my digital classroom a snap! All I had to do was add my links and I was good to go!! – Charlene
Beautiful work! Easy to use! Thank you for creating such a great product! – Krystin F.
This resource was very helpful to bring the classroom to my students and make it fun! – Rachel J.