Virtual Art Gallery Templates
Need to host a virtual art gallery exhibition? Whether you teach at an online school or your annual art show has been cancelled due to inclement weather, natural disaster, or pandemic, the show must go on. I’ve designed these Google Slides templates to help you get your show off the ground immediately. They’re a great way to share your art program with students and their families. You can either design the show yourself or do it as a collaborate art project with your middle and high school students. I feel it’s important, no matter the reason why your in-person show can’t exist, that you share your students achievements with their family and friends.
I designed these templates with secondary teachers in mind. Curate a custom art show in real gallery spaces with elements like plants and display cases and stands which appear lifelike. Reach those National Core Arts Standards for Presenting with ease!
Virtual Art Exhibit Template Preview
Why Design a Digital Art Exhibit?
Curating an annual art exhibition alongside students teaches them to develop and apply certain criteria for the selection and presentation of works of art. It helps them understand and evaluate the methods for preparing and presenting art to the public.
In addition, it aides them in collaborating with peers to select works based on theme, location, and event, all important skills for young artists. In addition, if your school is not able to have an in-person event, hosting one online is a great alternative. These art show gallery templates will help you design a memorable event for your school and local community. You can also use them with students to curate your own art show!
Why Use Google Slides for A Virtual Art Show?
- FAMILIARITY: A lot of the features of Google Slides are similar to PowerPoint and will get your show up super quick. No need to edit a PowerPoint and figure out how to upload it to Slides. I’ve cut out that step for you!
- USER-FRIENDLY: You are likely already familiar with storing files in Google Drive so no need to learn how to navigate a new website platform.
- INSANT SAVE AS: All changes in Google Slides are instantly saved in Google Drive. Ever accidentally close down an app or other online software and changes weren’t saved? Eliminate the frustration and disappointment of lost presentations!
- NO HASSLES: No special or separate passwords to remember.
- ACCESSIBILITY: Parents, students, and admins can use an iPad, desktop or laptop computer, and even a Chrome book to access your virtual art show. It’s always available at the tip of their fingers. Imagine having a catalog of art shows over the course of all your years of teaching. What a wonderful document to have in your retirement!
- SHAREABILITY: Unlike special apps and other art show template websites, most people have a Google account, making sharing easy. Directions are given how to obtain a share link or an embed code for a website.
The download contains a five-page PDF with directions on how to access the virtual art gallery templates. I’ve included step-by-step picture directions for basics including inserting and resizing images. I’ll also show you how to duplicate and reorder slides. I’ve also added detailed instructions on how to re-order elements on the slide, align them so they’re centered to one another, and how to group them for ease of use.
There are 83 template pages that can receive countless pieces of art. Directions are given for how to copy the slides so you can have an endless number of slides to fit needs. Pre-populated labels with text boxes make adding student names and grade levels a snap. So no worries about having wall space to “hang” the art!
And this document comes ready to go in Google Drive, so don’t worry about trying to figure out how to import it into your Drive!
You Will Receive
- 1 Non-Editable PDF (Teacher directions with step-by-step pictures on how to use some of the features on Google Slides
- Google Drive Access Link (A link to download the virtual art show templates located on page 2 of the PDF.)
- 83 Template Slides (title page, thank you for joining us page, artwork pages, asset slides with mats, frames, etc,, and thank you last page.)
- 50 Bright, Light, and Dark Mat Board Graphics
- 34 Picture Frame Graphics
- 5 Plant Graphics
- 4 Display Cabinet Graphics
- Each template page is designed in widescreen 16:9 format so it will fill the screen. As such, they are not meant to print out on 8.5×11″ paper.
Frequently Asked Questions for Virtual Art Gallery Templates
- Can I post my art show on my school’s Facebook page? Yes, on the last page of the directions I explain how to publish your art show by generating shareable link. It’s just a couple easy clicks!
- My tech coordinator is requesting embedded code for my school’s website. How do I get that? Believe it or not, it’s super easy. I also give detailed directions on the last page of the PDF download.
- Can I add more slides? Absolutely! Google Slides is just like working with PowerPoint. You can add or delete slides easily.
- Can I save the slideshow as a video and add music to it? Yes, you can download the file as a video (Google “how to save a Google Slides document as a video”). Then, bring it into your favorite video editing software and add audio. Please note that I do not provide directions on this.
- How long do I have to access the virtual art gallery templates? When you make a purchase on Glitter Meets Glue, you have access to those resources indefinitely.
- Is there a limit to the number of artworks I can display? Nope! You can copy as many slides as you need to fit as many artworks as needed.
- I teach in 3 different schools and I need to design 3 different art shows. Can I do that with this resource? Absolutely! You would need to make 3 copies of it in Google Drive, renaming each a unique name. From there, you can curate 3 distinct shows.
- I have several other teachers in my district who would like to use this template. Can I share my files with them? You will need to purchase licenses for those teachers, too. Feel free to reach out to me for discount pricing.