Valentines Day Candy Craft
My build a candy box craft and writing prompts are the perfect, no prep Valentine’s Day activity for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade. 3 templates ensure that every box of chocolates on your February bulletin board is unique! Post your Valentines Day candy crafts and prompts in the hallway to make an engaging display.
If you’re racing to figure out what fun Valentine writing crafts to quickly put up in the hallway, look no further. Students can complete the project in one class period. And you can use the accompanying writing prompts to post alongside your candy crafts.
Basically, each child receives a copy of the box of chocolates template. Then, they color everything, cut out the parts, and glue it together. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!
This classroom craft also comes with a PowerPoint with step-by-step pictures and simply written directions for young children. Use it for either whole group or small group instruction. Or, assign it to students via Google Classroom, Canvas, etc. so they can work independently.
Are you going to be absent and your substitute won’t have access to technology? No problem! Use the 1-page all-in-one step-by-step picture directions. Just print it out and include it with your sub plans. And then do nothing. Yes, nothing, because I’ve done it all for you!
Frequently Asked Questions About My Valentine’s Day Candy Craft
- How many sheets of paper does this use? Each child will receive two pages with the candy box template on it.
- This resource shows 3 different versions of the craft. What am I supposed to do with the other 2 You may decide to assign each table a certain version or you may decide to print a handful of each and let kids pick the one they like the best.
- What grade level is this for? This resource works best for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade.
- What materials do I need? Kids will need scissors, crayons, and glue.
You Will Receive
- 1 Non-Editable PDF Printables – Includes a teacher guide, a step-by-step handout for substitute teachers, Valentine candy box templates in color and black and white, writing prompts, and blank writing paper pages.
- 1 Non-Editable PowerPoint Slideshow – Includes large, step-by-step picture directions and text so students independently and you can reclaim valuable class time to work with needy students.
- Google Drive Access Link, so you can assign a paperless version