Brag Bracelets for Art Class
Are you struggling with behavior management in the elementary art room? It’s tough teaching hundreds of kids and finding a simple, but cost-effective behavior modification tool that actually motivates. Brag bracelets are definitely a game changer!
Your students will work hard to earn them. And you’ll feel relieved knowing that you stopped behavior problems in the art room before they started.
Use these editable brag bracelets to recognize and reinforce good choices and positive studio habits without breaking the bank. Because honestly, what art teacher has hundreds of dollars a year for a treasure box?
Is communicating with parents an aspect of your teacher evaluation model?
The best part is that these classroom incentives double as an effective parent/teacher communication tool. Write a quick sentence on the inside to share with a parent or guardian explaining how the child earned the reward, if you have time.
Each printable uses only black ink. Print on Astrobright cardstock paper for a quick way to color code them. Or, on white if you want kids to color them in. Regular weight paper is also fine.
So, ditch that treasure box and get on to bragging about all the positive things your students do in the art room!
Brag Bracelet Character Traits
There are 24 sayings in total:
I follow directions in art.
I’m a great listener…
I’m a fabulous helper…
I’m a quiet worker…
- I have bright ideas…
I’m very focused…
I’m most improved…
I’m a creative risk-taker…
I have a kind heart…
I’m a turbo table cleaner…
I’m an awesome brush washer…
I’m a great problem-solver…
I put safety first…
- I’m a hard worker…
I’m a terrific noise monitor…
I go above and beyond…
I’m a media master…
I encourage others…
I have a positive attitude…
I’m a careful critic…
I’m a careful cutter…
I’m respectful and responsible…
I make marvelous masterpieces…
I’m a positive role model…
- 24 ready-to-go bracelets so you don’t have to spend time (and money!) coming up with ideas for classroom rewards
- 2 printable versions, so you can save money on printing what you need, when you need it
- Connections to modern artists, so you can inspire kids to want to collect them while continuing to reinforce the importance of the Arts at home
- An editable PowerPoint file so you can customize your bracelets to meet your school or classroom goals for positive participation
- Easy-to-cut document so you can cut quickly and move on with other tasks
- Clear, crisp printing to make professional looking resources for your lessons
- Ink-friendly, black-and-white printing because no art teacher can afford color printing for hundreds of students
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are these editable? Yes, I’ve included a limited editable version. The only part that’s editable is the character trait saying. No other part of this file can be altered in any way.
- Should I laminate my brag bracelets? No, there’s no need to do anything beyond cutting them out on your paper cutter, especially if you think the kids would want to color them in.
- What ages are these for? I recommend kindergarten through 3rd grade.
- Does each page have a variety of bracelets or the same bracelet on the entire page? You’re in luck because I’ve provided both ways in the PDF download.
- How do you attach the two ends? It’s honestly your preference. But tape or staples work.
- What size are they? They’re 8.5” wide and roughly 1.5” high.
You Will Receive
- 1 Non-Editable PDF (28 pages containing pre-written sayings and 3 pages of 2 teacher directions and suggestions)
- 1 Editable PowerPoint File
These are so fun! Thank you for giving me a resource to reward my students that’s not candy 😀 – Amy F.
I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS EXISTS! Finally, someone is making things for art teachers that ROCK. I started using these yesterday and my kids are super hyped up to earn them. They love all the drawings on them. Totally unique! A+++ Kathy Q.
Love this positive reinforcement for my students! I also appreciate that they are geared for the art classroom with a variety of artists featured and that there are editable versions included so I can customize my own brag bracelets. Great resource! Thank you! – C.C.
This was the perfect addition to my first day of art! The kids LOVED these! – Ashley D.