Virtual Board Game Templates Expansion Pack
So you’ve bit the virtual classroom craze and you want to add to your growing collection of graphics. Use this pack of board game templates and playing pieces to design engaging lessons for distance learning. In addition, I recommend them for blended learning environments because all your plans and lesson materials will be in one place. If your school were to suddenly be on remote learning, you could continue your lessons virtually with ease!
How to Use These Board Game Templates
Organize your distance learning plans into one digital space and have them ready to go. Schools will likely start requiring teachers not only have sub plans but plans in place for at home learning. Feel prepared and ready to go.
Why Use Board Game Templates in Google Slides?
- FAMILIARITY: A lot of the features of Google Slides are similar to PowerPoint and will get your room up super quick. No need to edit a PowerPoint and figure out how to upload it to Slides.
- USER-FRIENDLY: You are likely already familiar with storing files in Google Drive.
- INSANT SAVE AS: All changes in Google Slides are instantly saved in Google Drive. Ever accidentally close down an app or other online software and changes weren’t saved? Eliminate the frustration and disappointment of lost presentations!
- ACCESSIBILITY: Parents, students, and admins can use an iPad, desktop or laptop computer, and even a Chrome book to access your virtual classroom to view assignments.
- SHAREABILITY: Simply share your virtual classroom the same way you’ve been sharing assignments with students via Google Drive or Google Classroom.
First, the download contains a five-page PDF with directions on how to access the board game templates. I’ve organized the instructions into different tasks depending on how you construct your game.
It also provides an overview of the steps required to create a game and secure items that aren’t interactive so students don’t lift or remove them. Lastly, it includes the steps required to share it with your students so that it can be used with multiple students at one time without them tinkering with the file permissions. This document comes ready to go in Google Drive, so don’t worry about trying to figure out how to import it into your Drive!
You Will Receive
- 1 Non-Editable PDF
- Google Drive Access Link (A link to download the board game templates is located on pages 2 and 3 of the PDF.)
- 40 Background Slides – These graphics are not editable. They have been inserted into the background of the slide and are fixed in place.
- 40 Moveable Objects – The chips, cards, playing pieces, ladders, and arrows are all moveable and come in 8 rainbow colors each. All graphics are saved in low-resolution which will appear great on screen but are not meant for print. (DISCLAIMER: the backgrounds and graphics used in this file may not be used to create commercial resources)