Van Gogh Art Game Bundle
Get your students excited about learning art history by creating Vincent Van Gogh inspired artworks. Little artists will have fun re-creating Starry Night, Sunflowers, Olive Trees, and Wheatfield while playing an engaging roll-a-dice game. Fill up your art sub plan folder with no-prep, fuss-free art projects that are easy to implement for substitute teachers. This Van Gogh art game bundle will be a helpful addition to your choice-based arts program.
It’s also great for art integration in the regular classroom, homeschooling parents supplementing art instruction, and art teachers wanting to liven up their art lessons with a game.
First, print out the game and picture directions back-to-back. Then give them dice and watch them have fun creating their own art project independently. Once completed, have students use the self-assessment rubrics to evaluate their artwork based on craftsmanship, creativity, following directions, work habits, project goals, and clean up. And then have them complete the “Big Ideas” sheet so they can connect the creation process to their learning.
- 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th grade
Main Learning Objective
- Students will be able to recreate one of four Vincent Van Gogh paintings using five line varieties and line direction to suggest both movement, shape, and space.
- Oil pastels
- Construction paper
You Will Receive
- 4 Non-Editable PDFs Vincent van Gogh Art Games (Starry Night, Sunflowers, Wheatfield, and Olive Trees)
- 4 Non-Editable PowerPoint Presentations
- Dice Games
- Choice-Based Drawing Version of Each Game
- Artist Biography Handouts
- Step-By-Step Picture Tutorial and Directions
- Visual Arts Self-Assessment Rubrics
- Artist “Big Ideas” Reflection Sheets
- 8, “I CAN” Statements Aligned to the Studio Habits of Mind
- Practice Drawing Page
- Coloring Page
- Paperless Google Drive digital resource for students (also for use on Google Classroom, Google Slides, and Microsoft OneDrive)
GREAT sub plans. Sometimes sub plans can just be time fillers, but these are actually educational and super fun. – Heather V.
Great Bundle; used it with 1st-5th grades. Thank you! – Christina
I LOVE YOUR ACTIVITIES! – Catherine