Growth Mindset Posters for Classroom Teachers
Teachers, here’s a way to counteract negative self-talk in the classroom: promote positive thinking! I use growth mindset posters in my own classroom to boost my student’s confidence and willingness to engage in new tasks.
When a student starts using a fixed mindset, I point out to him or her that it will be difficult to overcome their educational hurdles if they shut their mind off to new ideas and ways of thinking.
During a lesson, I say we want use positive self-talk, that we want to turn on the lightbulb that makes our brain grow. And, we want to shut off the negative self-talk that builds a wall inside. You can prompt your students by stating, “Does that comment turn the lightbulb on or build a wall?”
In addition, you can also use the large glitter brain poster to further reinforce this. I tell my younger students that their brain will grow into a beautiful rainbow if they use positive self-talk.
When a student says, “This is too hard!” tell them to ask themselves, “What am I missing?” As a result, and over time, your students will start to understand that they have to re-think all the steps of the problem to figure out which one they’re missing.
You Will Receive
- 14 Growth Mindset Phrases
- 14 Fixed Mindset Phrases
- 2 “Mindset Matters” Title Letters, with and without cutlines (8.5×11”)
- 16 Bordettes (8 Narrow; 8 Thick)
- Growth Mindset Sign
- Fixed Mindset Sign
- 4 Large Format Growth Mindset Brain Posters designed to be printed at Staples (12×18,” 18×24,” 20×30,” and 24×36”)
- 4 Large Format Growth Mindset Brain Posters designed to be printed on Zazzle (16×12,” 20×16,” 20×20,” and 28”x20”)
- Full Brain (8.5×11”)
- Growth Mindset Hemisphere (8.5×11”)
- 2 Lightbulbs (Positive & Negative Self-Talk)
- Fixed Mindset Hemisphere (8.5×11”)
Printing Your Growth Mindset Posters
Looks awesome in my room! Easy to understand for my fifth graders as we go over what it means to have a growth mindset. Thank you! – Emily P.Great resource that my students and I refer to on a daily basis. Thanks! – Jennifer ZieglerGreat addition to my classroom walls! I reference it daily with my students to reframe thinking! – Katie T.
This is a printable resource that you print on your home or school printer. It has been designed using professional graphic software. As such, it will print out crisp and clear.