Fall Activities Art Project Bundle
Decorate your bulletin board with these creative fall activities art projects. Fill up your art sub plan folder with no-prep, fuss-free art projects that pair well with other Fall activities art lessons. Pair these directed drawing games with the included writing prompts to make a great display for Back to School Night, Halloween, Day of the Dead, Election Day, Red Ribbon Week, Veteran’s Day, and Thanksgiving. Each prompt comes in full and half page templates as well as two types of handwriting lines for flexibility. One prompt is geared towards lower elementary students, while the other would work well for upper elementary.
Great for classroom teachers wanting to “paint” on a dime using markers like paints, but can also work simply using colored pencils, crayons, and markers. First, print out the game and picture directions back-to-back. Then give them dice and watch them have fun creating their own art project independently. Once completed, use the writing prompts to connect literacy to your lesson. And then hang them together on your bulletin board!
I’ve included three ways students can generate their design. The first is the game board where students roll the die to select their parts. The second is a “you pick” board. Both of these are printables. And lastly, for teachers needing engaging lessons during distance learning, I’ve added digital spinner wheels!
First, print out the game and picture directions back-to-back. Then give your students dice and watch them have fun creating their own art project independently. If you have access to a smartboard or projector, use the accompanying PowerPoint presentation. It will guide the students during each part of the art project.
Once completed, have students use the self-assessment rubrics to evaluate their artwork based on craftsmanship, creativity, following directions, work habits, project goals, and clean up. And then have them complete the “Big Ideas” sheet so they can connect the creation process to their learning.
If you are substituting or need a fast finisher activity, use the included coloring page.
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade
- Crayons, Markers, or Colored Pencils
- White Drawing Paper
You Will Receive
- 9 Non-Editable PDFs (Pencil, Pumpkin, Autumn Leaf, Room on the Broom Witch Hat, Day of the Dead Sugar Skull, Veteran’s Day Hearts, Red Ribbon Week Ribbons, Election Day Hats, and Turkey in Disguise)
- 9 Non-Editable PowerPoint Presentations
- Dice Games
- Choice-Based Drawing Version of Each Game
- Step-By-Step Picture Tutorial and Directions
- 18 Writing Prompts
- 18 Coloring Pages
- Helpful Tips & Tricks
- Pattern Practice Drawing Page
- Paperless Google Drive digital resource for students (also for use in Google Classroom, Schoology, Canvas, Seesaw, Microsoft OneDrive, Teams, and anywhere else you can share a link to a file…link on the bottom of page 2)
- Digital Spinner Wheels in Google Slides and YouTube (links on the bottom of page 3)
Thank you so much for this! My art class really enjoyed doing this! – McKaylee P.
Wonderful resource for both early finishers and no prep art lesson. – Erin G.
This was our first project and they are stunning. I laminated the finished product and we used them as a border on our welcome back bulletin board. – Jan B.