Art Vocabulary Word Wall
Infuse literacy into your visual art lessons with a vibrant art vocabulary word wall display. Help meet your building and school district’s literacy goals by incorporating age-appropriate, standards-based terminology in an exciting way. Use them in your student growth objectives and essential questions to increase recognition and retention of important and useful art words. This will surely impress your admins!
Each paint bucket is dripping glitter paint while displaying up to 8 unique vocabulary terms. I have chosen a range of words that touch upon various mediums and art techniques, from sculpture and painting to digital arts. I have also taken care to avoid words that might be seen elsewhere in your art room (where possible).
Simply print out one of the three sizes of paint buckets, then cut, and display. You’ll have an art vocabulary word wall in no time at all!
- A – Abstract, analogous, animation, armature, artist, appliqué. architect, assemblage
- B – Background, balance, barren, batik, bisqueware, blend, blotting, brayer
- C – calligraphy, canvas, casting, ceramics, charcoal, coil method, collage, collograph, contour
- D – decoupage, depth, designer, diagonal, digital, drawing, dry brush, dye
- E – easel, egg tempera, embossing, embroidery, emphasis, etching, exhibit, expression
- F – facade, fiber, figure, firing, foreground, focal point, foreshortening, fresco
- G – gel, geometric, gesso, gesture drawing, glassblowing, graphics, greenware, guidelines
- H – hand build, hatching, height, hieroglyph, highlight, high relier, horizon line, hue
- I – illustrator, impasto, implied texture, incise, ink, intensity, intermediate, iridescent
- J – jagged, jamb, jaunting tool, jeweler, jewelry, join, journal, juxtaposition
- K – kente cloth, keystone, kickwheel, kiln, kinetic art, knead, knife painting, knitting
- L – landscape, leather hard, lettering, linseed oil, lintel, lithograph, loom, low-relief
- M – maquette, marbling, masking fluid, media, middle ground, monoprint, mosaic, mural
- N – nave, needle, needlework, negative space, neutral colors, newsprint, nib, nonobjective
- O – oil paint, oil pastel, opaque, optical illusion, organic shape, origami, overlap, overpainting
- P – paintbrush, palette, papier-mache, perspective, photomontage, portrait, pottery, proportion
- Q – quill, quilling, quilt, quadrilateral, quality, quoin
- R – radial balance, realistic, relief sculpture, render, repetition, resin, resist, rough
- S – seascape, self-portrait, sgraffito, shading, silhouette, sketch, stipple, stitchery
- T – tapestry, technique, tempera, tessellation, tint, torchon, transparent, tube
- U- unity, undercut, underglaze, underpainting, untitled
- V – value, vanishing point, varnish, vector, vertical, vessel, viewfinder, visual texture
- W – warp, watercolor, weaving, wedge, weft, wet-on-wet, wheel thrown, woodcut
- X, Y, and Z – x-acto knife, yarn, yellowing, zigzag, zinc white, zoetrope, zoom lens
You Will Receive
- 24 Paint Buckets on 3 Different Sized Papers (8.5″x11,” 11″x17,” and 11.7″x16.5″)
- 186 Art Vocabulary Words
This is a printable resource that you print on your home or school printer. It has been designed using professional graphic software. As such, it will print out crisp and clear.